Sustaining Engineering Supervisor
Compensation: $95,370.00 - $141,430.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
TalentBridge has partnered with a multinational manufacturing organization with years of growth and success delivering the very best quality and award-winning products on their search for a Sustaining Engineering Supervisor. Company
- World leader in their industry working with their clients in the telecom, healthcare, technology, consumer electronics and automotive industries
- Company current structuring for growth with expectations to further expand globally through mergers and acquisitions
- Dedicated leadership with tenure in both the company and industry
Experience & Qualifications/knowledge requirements
- Under the guidance of the Chief Engineer, the Sustaining Engineering Supervisor delivers a best practice commercially focused product engineering
- Supports Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Value Engineering initiatives
- Asure products meet standards; support standards and regualtion e.g. UL/ULC
- Directs daily operations of the team through assignment of tasks and projects.
- Provides technical guidance and reports project status to stakeholders within the organization.
- Leads / Coordinates the initiation and implementation of product changes, including documentation, ERP system maintenance and ECR/ECN process.
- Manages test laboratory activities ensuring targets are set and deliverables on time for new product, material productivity and sustaining activities.
- Works with robust design and engineering leadership to deliver efficient robust engineering documentation.
- Support product safety processes including DFMEA and standard work.
- Interfaces with Sales, Product Management, Manufacturing and Quality to identify necessary product enhancements and other changes in order to remain relevant in the industry
- Drive continuous improvement projects & culture
Other Key Activities
- 10+ years in engineering / manufacturing
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Experience leading engineering teams (5+ years experience)
- Experience of materials and processes related to forgings, machining, pressed components and plastic molded components.
- Mind-set for 'Design for manufacture”
- Engineering CAD experience, preferably Solid works
- Experience PLM and ERP systems
- Experience dealing with Product and Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of good engineering practices e.g. Design and Process FMEA, ISO9001, engineering standards, automotive quality standards and similar quality systems and processes.
- Experience of quality tools e.g. Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen and similar would be beneficial.
- Assist on site quality clinics and defect reporting within set timescale.
- Assist and facilitate with process improvement workshops e.g. Kaizen events, VSM.
- Contribute to our Clients system and EH&S goals
- Proactively promotes continuous improvement to improve product quality.
#LI-ML1Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...